Post by AR Laurence Dated 8/3/17
LEAD INVESTIGATOR — ROBERT MUELLER — Mueller was the sixth Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, serving from 2001 to 2013. A Republican, he was appointed by President George W. Bush and his original ten-year term was given a two-year extension by President Barack Obama, making him the longest-serving FBI director since J. Edgar Hoover.
NOTE: Robert Mueller is a long time friend of James Comey. He was the person who Clinton had deliver a Uranium sample to Russia. After leaving the FBI in 2013, Mueller served a one-year term as consulting professor and the Arthur and Frank Payne distinguished lecturer at Stanford University, where he focused on issues related to cybersecurity. In addition to his speaking and teaching roles, Mueller also joined the law firm WilmerHale as a partner in its Washington office in 2014. Among other roles at the firm, he oversaw the independent investigation into the NFL’s conduct surrounding the video that appeared to show NFL player Ray Rice assaulting his fiancée.In January 2016, he was appointed as Settlement Master in the U.S. consumer litigation over the Volkswagen emissions scandal (as of May 11, 2017, the scandal has resulted in $11.2 billion in customer settlements). On October 19, 2016, Mueller began an external review of “security, personnel, and management processes and practices” at government contractor Booz Allen Hamilton after an employee was indicted for massive data theft from the National Security Agency. On April 6, 2017, he was appointed as Special Master for disbursement of $850 million and $125 million for automakers and consumers, respectively, affected by rupture-prone Takata airbags.
1. JAMES QUARLES — Quarles is a former partner at WilmerHale and former assistant special prosecutor..
NOTE: Former assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
2. JEANNIE RHEE — Rhee is a former partner at WilmerHale who also served in the Office of Legal Counsel and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia.
NOTE: Jeannie Rhee served for two years under Eric Holder and is former Deputy Assistant AG under Obama. .
Jeannie Rhee is also a Clinton Foundation Lawyer and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General under Barack Obama.
3. ANDREW WEISSMANN — Weissmann served as general counsel at the FBI and was an assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York. Weissmann is a veteran Justice Department prosecutor.
NOTE: He was chief of the Criminal Division’s fraud section, who served as former director of the Enron Task Force and general counsel under Mueller at the FBI. And he is a campaign donor to Obama, DNC, and the Clinton campaign.
4. ANDREW GOLDSTEIN — Goldstein a public corruption prosecutor on detail from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York.
NOTE — Worked under Preet Bharara in the liberal New York southern district.
5. ELIZABETH PRELOGAR — Prelogar is an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General.
NOTE: Fluent in Russian; former law clerk to Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan.
6. BRANDON VAN GRACK — Van Grack is an attorney on detail from the National Security Division of the DOJ.
NOTE: Led a grand jury inquiry in Northern Virginia scrutinizing former Trump associate Michael Flynn’s foreign lobbying.
7. RUSH ATKINSON — Atkinson is an attorney on detail from the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section of the DOJ.
NOTE: A Clinton campaign donor.
8. ZAINAB AHMAD — Ahmad is a U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of New York.
NOTE: A top national security prosecutor on detail from U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York.
9. MICHAEL DREEBEN — Dreeben is an appellate attorney on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General.
NOTE: Is described by former colleagues as one of the brightest criminal law experts of the past two generations. He has been a prolific Supreme Court advocate who oversees the Justice Department’s criminal appellate docket.
10. ADAM JED — Jed — Jed is an appellate attorney on detail from the Civil Division of the DOJ.
NOTE: Defended Obamacare at the DOJ.
11. AARON ZEBLEY — Zebley is a former partner at WilmerHale, who previously served with Mueller at the FBI as chief of staff. Zebley served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia.
NOTE: Worked with Robert Mueller at the WilmerHale firm.
12. AARON ZELINSKY — Zelinksy is an attorney on detail from the District of Maryland.
NOTE — Worked under Assistant AG Rod Rosenstein in Maryland.
13. PETER CARR — Carr was a DOJ spokesman under Barack Obama.
NOTE: Worked under Preet Bharara in the liberal New York southern district.
14. LISA PAGE — Page IS an attorney on detail from the FBI’s Office of the General Counsel and a former trial attorney with the Criminal Division’s Organized Crime and Gang Section.
NOTE: Investigated Ukrainian oligarch Dmitry Firtash, a one-time business partner of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, at the DOJ.
15. PREET BHARARA — Bharara is a former US attorney of the Southern District of New York
NOTE: Bahara was fired by President Trump. He is friends with James Comey and had a ringside seat to Comey’s House Intelligence Committee testimony. He has been brutally tweeting against President Trump and Donald Trump, Jr.
16. GREG ANDRES — Andres is a white-collar criminal defense lawyer with New York law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, Andres, 50, served at the Justice Department from 2010 to 2012. He was deputy assistant attorney general in the criminal division, where he oversaw the fraud unit and managed the program that targeted illegal foreign bribery.
NOTE: Andres worked under Eric ‘Fast N’ Furious’ Holder from 2010 to 2012.
Read More at AmDigitalNews Twitter acct