By Tyler Durden Aug 21, 2017 8:47 AM
Authored by Charles Hugh Smith via OfTwoMinds blog,
There is always common ground for those who dare to seek it.
Remember the “Russians hacked our election!” hysteria – or have you already forgotten? That entire narrative collapsed under a deluge of factual evidence that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) data release was an insider job, and a compelling lack of evidence of any other Russian hacking.
That failed narrative has now been replaced with a new mass hysteria: “a new cultural Civil War is inevitable.” In this narrative, America has succumbed to us-versus-them divisions divided by all-or-nothing ideological bright lines.
Continue reading at…
- Remember the “Russians hacked our election!” hysteria–or have you already forgotten?
- That failed narrative has now been replaced with a new mass hysteria: “a new cultural Civil War is inevitable.”
- Snap out of it, America: you’re being played,
- The core strategy here is the destruction of any common ground:
- Once the populace has been fragmented into ideologically divisive camps, controlling the resulting mass of warring mobs is easy.
- Once the masses accept this false division and the destruction of common ground, their power to reverse the extreme concentrations of wealth and power is shattered.
- Just as you’re sold a triple-bacon cheeseburger or a hybrid auto, you’re being sold a completely fabricated cultural civil war.
- Add a little fragmentation, virtue-signaling, demands for ideological conformity and voila
- There is always common ground for those who dare to seek it.
- All of this is false.
Continue reading at…
Vilhelm Vilhelmsen True, the -divide and conquer- political scheme is fully implemented in the US.
For Europe, it might be more complicated: immigration is the number one source or discord but it never was implemented just to “divide and conquer”.
Economically, it is well known that immigration has ben used to break down strikes and high wages but there´s another agenda as well: especially for Europe.
A further extension of the EU.
So internal cultural conflicts can´t be exactly what the elite wants because then the people would forever refuse this union.
Anyway: who wants it?
Union of the Mediterranean The Union for the Mediterranean comprises the 28 EU Member States, the European Commission and 15 Mediterranean countries. Foreign Affairs Ministers in Marseille decided that the League of Arab States shall participate in all meetings at all levels of the Union for the Mediterranean.